CloudFlare stops attack in excess of 100 Gbps multiple times a week (some in excess of 500 Gbps), which would completely overwhelm any E-Commerce platform. These guys are true experts in what they’re doing, and they are eager to share their knowledge and experience with us.
We’ll be speaking about
- DDoS Definition – What is a DDoS and why do you need to protect against them
- Background on how a web requests works – DNS and HTTP
- What are the different types of DDoS – Volumetric, DNS, Application Level
- Why is it so easy for attackers to launch DDoS attacks?
- How Does CloudFlare Stop DDoS Attacks
- Protecting Your E-commerce Site from Attack
The online seminar is scheduled for Monday, the 30th of March, and it will start at 1pm New-York time.
About the speaker
Trey Guinn leads the solutions engineering team at CloudFlare where he is responsible for the successful adoption of services by enterprise customers. A network security and performance expert, Trey has more than 14 years of experience in enterprise, infrastructure architecture, and global network design. As a global enterprise architect with KMPG, he worked on complex global deployments for major corporations and government entities. Prior to KPMG Trey designed and built mission-critical infrastructures for global trading houses and managed application providers in Europe and New Zealand.