Knock-knock, this is a new version coming. X-Cart v5.2.6 is at your service!The new version got four major improvements and a hundred of minor ones. Let me please shed some light on the most important changes:
Braintree Integration goes free
Braintree payment gateway – FREE Braintree is a full-stack payments platform that makes it easy to accept payments in your app or website. The service replaces the traditional model of sourcing a payment gateway and merchant account from different providers. Start accepting PayPal, Bitcoin, Venmo, Apple Pay, cards, and whatever’s next – all with a single integration.
X-Payments connectors updated
While we’re adding new features to X-Cart, X-Payments is growing too. Version 2.2 of this PA DSS certified payment application supports a number of cool features, that were requested by the customers during the face-to-face conversations with Alex Mulin in Chicago and London. To make these features available for the users of X-Cart 5, we immediately updated the connectors too.The most important changes visible in X-Cart:
- Showing BIN# and credit card expiration date. Rest assured, it does comply with PCI DSS standard, we checked. This little improvement brings lots of convenience to both customer and administrator, especially when they search by “saved” credit cards: this info makes it easier to identify the right one.
- Kount integration responsible for antifraud protection got improved. In X-Cart Admin backend, the orders that require manual review because of being too suspicious for Kount, the new buttons appeared: “Accept” and “Decline”. The first one sets the order status to processed or authorised (depending on the payment integration settings), the second is self-explanatory – it declines the fraudulent order.
- Saving the credit card without placing the order, the customer may add a different billing address.
Payments configuration interface improved
Payment integrations configuration got more convenient:
- First of all, we added a filter by country.
- Second, the list of payment integrations shows you all the options available, even if the corresponding module is available in the marketplace, but not installed yet.
Image dimensions management in Admin Backend
Admin can easily manage the default image dimensions:
- If you go to Look & Feel -> Images, you will see that in addition to the “custom images” management, that’s an old option, you can also setup the width and height for a Category image, Product image, as well as Product list images for both list view and grid view.
- Clicking the Generate resized images button that appeared in the right bottom corner of the same page, you’re launching the image resizing routine to generate copies of existing images in all the sizes needed to display the images in your store’s customer area. Having a separate image file in each of the sizes provides a way to speed up your site’s performance by reducing page load times for pages containing graphics.