X-Cart 5.2.4: ShippingCalc by AuctionInc, Translation Module creator, Import of user passwords, Upgrades in several waves
“X-Cart Upgrades Early Adopters”This is an opportunity for developers and merchants to test drive new versions of X-Cart 5 before the versions become available for other X-Cart users. As it was announced earlier on the community forum, starting from this version, we will be making the updates available in three waves:
- Mass internal testing. Our team is large, and there are lots of X-Cart-based stores of ours, both test and live. So this “zero wave” is for X-Cart team only.
- Early adopters. When we make an official release announcement, the new version becomes available for “early adopters” only. Today we consider “early adopters” all those, who have NFR ( not-for-resale) licences, which were given out mostly to partners of ours and developers. But this is an exception. Starting from v.5.2.4, you will be able to opt in to this list right via the store interface, with the default option being set to next wave. To manage the setting, go to System Settings->Environment, and scroll the page down till you see section “Upgrade options”. Upgrade access lever called “Developer” assigns your store to the group of early adopters. “Merchant” means that you prefer to receive the upgrades in the main wave number 3, see below.
- Entire Community. A few days later (depending on results of the previous wave) we will open the update to the rest of the X-Cart community.
PayPal’s In-Context Checkout available for more merchants and customersIt’s so exciting to see that such an amazing extension of “Express Checkout”, well known as “In-Context Checkout”, comes to more stores and countries. Just a reminder, you do NOT need to enable this feature separately somewhere. All you need is to setup “Express Checkout” by PayPal, and in case all 3 criteria listed below are met, the “In-Context Checkout” widget, enabling your customers to pay even faster, will replace the default “Express Checkout” widget:
- Merchant Account in: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, the United Kingdom or the United States
- Buyer Account in: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey the United Kingdom or the United States
- Currency — US Dollar, Euro, British Pounds, Canadian Dollar, Australian Dollar, Danish Krone, Norwegian Krone, Polish Zloty, Swedish Krona, Swiss Franc and Turkish Lira
ShippingCalc by AuctionInc
Other updates. Developers, check them out
- User Passwords Import is available starting from this version. You import plain passwords, X-Cart encrypts data on the fly during the import process.
- Create X-Cart 5 language module script was updated. You upload a CSV file, module icon and description via a special web form, and receive a packed module as a result.
- X-Cart 4 ->X-Cart 5 migration script was updated to support the data transfer to X-Cart v.5.2. You may find the script and instruction in our knowledge base here
- quickData has been excluded from the Redeploy process by default. It will speed up the Redeploy process, especially if your store has 500+ products. You can include it back, if you like, there’s a setting for it in System settings->Cache management, or you can also initiate the recalculating the quickData by pressing the button on the same page.
Download and discuss. Or read discussion and download =)
Subscribe to Our Weekly Newsletter to Get Expert-Backed Tips Straight Into Your InboxOne email a week, we promise.
X-Cart copywriter, PR and Marketing Manager, I came to eCommerce company in 2009 as a customer support assistant, went on to work as a Project manager in the Custom Development team to discover the needs of e-merchants and deliver the projects that meet their needs. This experience gave me a deep understanding of how things work from both a developer's side and a user's point of view, and it really helps in creating articles with love and care. Apart from eCommerce, I am a loving wife and mother, yogi and aerial hoop performer.