>Hello, X-Carters! We’re rolling out a new version of X-Cart today. And together with the release of a new version, we’re announcing the change of how and when the upgrades will be available for the store owners. It has a single purpose – by implementing several “waves”, we’re ensuring the deeper testing of the upgrade process, see below.
“X-Cart Upgrades Early Adopters”This is an opportunity for developers and merchants to test drive new versions of X-Cart 5 before the versions become available for other X-Cart users. As it was announced earlier on the community forum, starting from this version, we will be making the updates available in three waves:
- Mass internal testing. Our team is large, and there are lots of X-Cart-based stores of ours, both test and live. So this “zero wave” is for X-Cart team only.
- Early adopters. When we make an official release announcement, the new version becomes available for “early adopters” only. Today we consider “early adopters” all those, who have NFR ( not-for-resale) licences, which were given out mostly to partners of ours and developers. But this is an exception. Starting from v.5.2.4, you will be able to opt in to this list right via the store interface, with the default option being set to next wave. To manage the setting, go to System Settings->Environment, and scroll the page down till you see section “Upgrade options”. Upgrade access lever called “Developer” assigns your store to the group of early adopters. “Merchant” means that you prefer to receive the upgrades in the main wave number 3, see below.
- Entire Community. A few days later (depending on results of the previous wave) we will open the update to the rest of the X-Cart community.
PayPal’s In-Context Checkout available for more merchants and customersIt’s so exciting to see that such an amazing extension of “Express Checkout”, well known as “In-Context Checkout”, comes to more stores and countries.Just a reminder, you do NOT need to enable this feature separately somewhere. All you need is to setup “Express Checkout” by PayPal, and in case all 3 criteria listed below are met, the “In-Context Checkout” widget, enabling your customers to pay even faster, will replace the default “Express Checkout” widget:
- Merchant Account in: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, the United Kingdom or the United States
- Buyer Account in: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey the United Kingdom or the United States
- Currency — US Dollar, Euro, British Pounds, Canadian Dollar, Australian Dollar, Danish Krone, Norwegian Krone, Polish Zloty, Swedish Krona, Swiss Franc and Turkish Lira
ShippingCalc by AuctionInc
With this service, you can provide your customers with accurate real-time domestic or international shipping rates from Fedex, UPS, USPS and DHL, and you do not need carrier accounts.The only account you will need is the one with ActionInc.Below are several screenshots of the admin area of the ShippingCalc module by AuctionInc, but there are none from the storefront. The point is that for the customers this looks just like regular shipping options on the checkout page.
Other updates. Developers, check them out
- User Passwords Import is available starting from this version. You import plain passwords, X-Cart encrypts data on the fly during the import process.
- Create X-Cart 5 language module script was updated. You upload a CSV file, module icon and description via a special web form, and receive a packed module as a result.
- X-Cart 4 ->X-Cart 5 migration script was updated to support the data transfer to X-Cart v.5.2. You may find the script and instruction in our knowledge base here
- quickData has been excluded from the Redeploy process by default. It will speed up the Redeploy process, especially if your store has 500+ products. You can include it back, if you like, there’s a setting for it in System settings->Cache management, or you can also initiate the recalculating the quickData by pressing the button on the same page.