X-Cart 4.1.8 released and recommended for use on production e-commerce web sites
Qualiteam Software recommends X-Cart users to install X-Cart v4.1.8
4 July 2007, – Qualiteam Software Ltd. company, the provider of e-commerce software solutions used by tens of thousands online merchants in 111 countries worldwide, released X-Cart v 4.1.8 and declared it “the recommended X-Cart platform for use on live e-commerce shops”.
X-Cart v4.1.8 contains a good deal of new features and other improvements comparing to previous X-Cart platform, X-Cart v4.0.x. The list of new X-Cart capabilities includes but is not limited by:
- The new face of X-Cart – the “Light & Lucid” skin.
- Certified integration with PayPal Express Checkout, PayPal as an additional payment type, functions alongside your existing payment solution.
- Certified integration with PayPal Website Payments Pro US, the all-in-one online payment processing solution by PayPal.
- Certified Level 2 integration with Google Checkout, a new fast and secure checkout process.
- Integration with PayPal Website Payments Pro UK (awaiting certification by PayPal UK).
- Built-in integration with Google Analytics.
- Built-in Shipping Label Generator module that allows to automatically create shipping labels for orders shipped by DHL, UPS and USPS.
- CAPTCHA protection on registration pages and e-mail forms.
- Australia Post order tracking and Delivery Rate Calculator.
- Certified integration with “International Shipping” through ShipIT API of DHL.
- Integration with iDEAL, a popular European payment gateway.
- Built-in Fast Lane Checkout module – a more user-friendly and intuitive checkout procedure.
- X-Magnifier add-on module.
- X-Survey add-on module.
- All store data export/import feature.
- Strong Blowfish encryption for sensitive customer data.
The major changes between v4.1.8 and v4.1.7 are:
- SMTP auth feature
- USPS shipping module updated to support RateV3 API
- PayPal and Google Checkout payment modules are updated
- Other payment modules updated:
- Slim CD
- PayFlow Pro
- iDeal Basic
- BeanStream (3D Secure support)
- Protx VSP Form
- PSiGate XML
- eSelect Plus. Transaction API
Also, US online merchants who use X-Cart v4.1.8 are welcome to sign up for “Yahoo! PayPal Checkout Program” and get the following benefits:
- Enhanced visibility in Yahoo Search with the Blue Shopping Cart Icon
- Free PayPal Express Checkout Processing through 12/31/07
- $100 in your Yahoo! Sponsored Search account from Yahoo Search Marketing